Nancy Paloma Collins
Certified EMDR Therapist
Hello! Thank you for being here and for taking one step closer to developing skills that will improve your life!
My insight of therapy and the work I do comes from a multicultural lens of experience in marginalized communities, including LGBTQIA+ and LatinX. My foundation as a therapist is my authentic approach, using my professional experience and training in some of to the most progressive modalities that includes, Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Gottman, Imago, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Seeking Safety, using these and other modalities, I am focused on helping my client’s develop skills that will create life-long changes helping my client’s stay present and live a more fulfilling life.
I am a licensed marriage and family therapist in the state of California. I received a Bachelor of Arts in Multicultural-Urban Education and a Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy. I have been working in the mental health field for over ten years and have extensive experience in trauma treatment working with Victims of Crime, LGBTQIA+ population, domestic violence victims in non-profit community mental health agencies and through my private practice.
Your experience through therapy with me will include me gathering information about your family of origin your experiences and possible past trauma that has developed your attachment style and an understanding of your love/communication language. I will develop a plan of treatment that will be focused and geared toward solutions and helping you develop lifelong skills to continue your path of living your life present. My areas of expertise include working with relationship issues, family dynamics, LGBTQIA+, trauma, anxiety and depression.
My awareness comes from community work within the LGBTQIA+, LatinX community, working with homeless families, victims of crime and other inner-city programs. My experience working as an educator, entrepreneur, speaker and as a community Mental Health provider has enriched me with the understanding of comprehensive treatment for individuals and their families. My authenticity of coming from and understanding marginalized communities helps me create a non-judgmental safe space, and collectively helps with the process of pervasive symptoms caused by trauma and primarily decreasing presented symptoms.
- Clinical Supervisor and Provider for TransLatinX-Coalition
- Clinical Therapist for Pineapple
- Clinical Therapist at USC’s Violence Intervention Program
- FSP Clinical Therapist Children’s Institute WATTS and Compton Campus
- Psychotherapist with California Victims of Crime Program
- Domestic Violence Psycho Education Certified
- Private Practice
- Counselor of Identified Homeless Students and Foster Care Specialized Program
- Staff Training of Federal Mandate McKinney-Vento
- CIT EMDRIA
Trainings & Techniques
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Gottman (Level 1 and 2 completed)
- Acute Traumatic Incident Processing (A-TIP)
- Critical Incident Desensitization (CID)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Seeking Safety
- Motivational Interviewing
We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website.
Disclosure: Filling out this form does not mean that there is now an established therapeutic relationship.